- 8 sheets Phyllo dough
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 ounce chopped coriander
- 1 ounce chopped parsley
Mix above ingredients and brown. Add:
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 1 ounce oil
1. Add to beef and herb mixture, cook fully, then cool.
2. Take one sheet of phyllo dough and brush half of it with butter. Fold sheet in half, brush with more butter.
3. Place a small amount of the beef mixture (my phyllo was turned with the short end facing me) towards one end of the dough. Fold up sides of dough like you're making a burrito and roll the dough and beef into an eggroll shape.
4. Place on a greased cookie sheet and cover with damp paper towel until all rolls are complete. Brush all rolls liberally with melted butter.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until brown and crispy. Let cool 2-3 minutes before eating. We sprinkled them with a powdered sugar & cinnamon mixture before eating and it really added to the flavor.
Yield: 8 rolls.