This recipe is originally from Weight Watchers, Cook it Quick!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded green bell pepper (or red, yellow, orange, whatever you prefer)
- 3/4 pound Italian-style turkey sausage, casings removed (I usually use spicy sausage instead of mild. Spicy gives this dish the kick that it's otherwise missing with mild sausage.)
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned and chopped (don't chop it too small as it will wilt when cooking)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (I get the Italian style with added basil and garlic)
- 1/2 pound pasta shapes
1. Spray nonstick skillet and set over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and sausage. Saute, breaking apart the sausage with a spoon, until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is browned.
2. Add the kale in handfuls, stirring as each batch wilts. Add the water, then cook, partially covered, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and heat the mixture through.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and put in serving bowl. Add sauce and toss to combine.