From, Weight Watchers Simply Delicious. The cookbook describes this recipe as follows:
"Mango, cilantro and lime make a magical combination in this healthy salad. Add delicately flavored red snapper to the mix and you have a truly delightful experience..."
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh of frozen corn (about 1 ear cut off the cob)
- 1 ripe mango peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2/3 pound red snapper
- 3 cups mesclun, or any lettuce mixture
1. Preheat broiler. Line baking dish with foil. Combine lime zest, lime juice, oil, garlic, oregano, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl.
2. Combine beans, corn, mango, cilantro and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice mixture in a medium bowl.
3. Place the snapper fillets in the baking dish; spoon the remaining lime juice mixture over the fillets. Broil 5 inches from the heat until the fish is just opaque in the center, 7-8 minutes.
4. Arrange the mesclun on a large plate; spoon the bean mixture on top. Arrange the snapper on top and drizzle any pan juices over all.
This was a very light and flavorful salad, perfect for Summer months. It would make a great dish to bring to a BBQ or other gathering.