This was a little sweet for us, so I would probably cut the honey in half. I'm also interested in trying it with orange juice instead of honey, for an orange-sesame chicken. I had lots of flour left over, and would recommend using 1/2 cup flour instead of a full cup. I added about 1/4 of an onion, sliced thin.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1.5 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 package chicken breast strips, cut into chunks
- 8 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 6 tbsp. honey
- oil for frying
1. In a large ziplock bag, combine flour, 1/4 c. sesame seeds, black pepper, red pepper and Chinese spice. Place chicken in bag and shake to coat.2. Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Place chicken into skillet and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
3. Remove chicken from skillet and empty excess oil from pan. Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet. Mix in teriyaki sauce, honey and 1/4 c. sesame seeds, and stir until sauce thickens.Serve over brown rice.
This recipe originally seen on Krashed24's blog.