- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 tbls lime juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbls butter
- Few drizzles of olive oil
- 8 oz pasta (I used whole wheat rotini)
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets
- Optional - Parmesan cheese for topping
1. Mix all marinade ingredients (chicken broth through parsley) together in bowl or ziplock bag. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and toss into the marinade. Let chicken marinate in fridge a minimum of one hour (I marinated mine overnight).
2. Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of pasta cook time add the broccoli into the boiling water. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Remove chicken pieces from marinade (setting marinade to the side) and place in heated pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Pour the marinade into the pan with the chicken and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened.
4. Toss cooked broccoli and pasta with the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
This recipe originally from Krashed24's blog.