- 2 large green peppers (We used red)
- 1/2 jar of salsa (We used fresh salsa -- tastes much better than jarred)
- 1/2 pack of taco seasoning (We used Cajun seasoning, as that's all I had)
- 1 8oz can of kidney beans, drained
- shredded Mexican blend, or Taco blend, cheese
- 3/4 pound of ground beef
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
1. Cut peppers in half horizontally, removing stem and seeds.
2. Brown hamburger, drain fat. Add beans, salsa and taco seasoning and bring to a boil.
3. Stuff peppers with mixture and place in Pyrex dish. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes, until heated through. Top with cheese and place back in oven for 4-5 minutes.
We served this with a side of Rice-a-Roni's Mexican rice.
I stole this recipe from someone on The Nest, but don't know who. If this is yours, please let me know!