- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (I only had 1 cup of coconut milk and it worked fine)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (I used 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1. Cook and stir the curry powder and curry paste in a saucepan over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Pour the coconut milk into the saucepan and mix well. Stir in the fish sauce, brown sugar, and 1 cup chicken stock.
2. Place the chicken thighs, peas, peppers, and carrots into the saucepan with the curry sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked though, about 25 minutes.
3. Whisk together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold chicken stock. Stir cornstarch mixture into the curry. Mix the pineapple into the curry and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Serve over rice or with Naan bread. We had garlic Naan from TJ's! That always makes the meal 10 times better.