- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced- divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/3 cup nonfat yogurt, plain or low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 gyro bread or pita bread
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Combine lemon juice, oil, 1/2 t of the garlic, mustard and oregano in a gallon zip top plastic bag.
2. Add chicken and seal bag.
3. Turn bag and gently move chicken around to distribute marinade evenly.
4. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. In a small bowl combine cucumber, yogurt, dill and remaining garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving. (NOTE: Cucumbers have a lot of moisture in them so if you want your sauce to be less runny really drain them well and squeeze the water out if you want.). I drained my cucumbers between some paper towels to get all the water out.
6. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
7. In a large nonstick skillet saute the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear.
8. Spoon half the chicken on each pita and top with cucumber mixture and sliced onion.
9. Lettuce and tomato may be added if you like.
10. Fold in half and enjoy. We served these with a side salad of lettuce, tomato, onion and mozzarella, drizzled with a light vinaigrette.