Make sure you use GELATIN and not PUDDING. I made the mistake of using lemon flavored pudding and the sauce was REALLY starchy and thick. It tasted ok, but the texture was bad. Really bad. Don't make the same error I made!
I also added some broccoli I had laying around -- I think any veggies would work well in this dish, so use whatever you've got in your fridge.
- 1 T oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups snap or snow peas
- 1/2 small red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3/4 package (4-serving size) lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 T Italian dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 min or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add peas and peppers; cook and stir 2 min.
2. Mix dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 min or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
3. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.