I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Saucy Tomato and Pepper Steak Fajitas

This is a Kraft recipe for the steak, and we just served it in fajita wraps instead of on a plate. If you aren't doing fajitas, don't slice the beef. Just top beef medallions with the vegetable mixture.

Ingredients
  • 1 tsp each chili powder and ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne
  • 1.5 lb sirloin stead
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1/2 each red and green pepper, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese (we omitted the cheese)
Directions

1. Preheat broiler. Mix chili powder, cumin and cayenne; rub over both sides of steak. Place on rack of broiler pan.

2. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or to medium doneness (150 degrees). Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 3 min. Add peppers and garlic; cook 5 min or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.

3. Cut steak across grain into slices. Place in center of fajita shell and top with vegetables and cheese.

1 comment:

vbeyersdorf said...

Thank you for your tomato fajita recipe. I searched the web a long time before I came across your site. I will let you know how I do with your recipe, although I am not the world's best cook.