I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Iron Skillet Cookies











One of my Christmas gifts was a cast iron skillet set for making cookies. Well, not just cookies. You can use the pans for fried eggs, omelettes, fajitas, personal pan pizzas, etc. But when I test drove them yesterday, I made some chocolate chip cookies. Using a standard cookie recipe, I put 1/2 cup of batter in each skillet, pressed it to the edge, and baked at 375 for 12 minutes. Out came a deliciously baked cookie that's HUGE!


This would be a great presentation for dessert, with a scoop of ice cream on top, or to make a giant cookie cake for a birthday, giant ice cream cookie sandwiches, the possibilities are endless. They came out a little crispy for my liking, so my next batch will probably be 3/4 cup of batter to make them a little bit thicker and more doughy.


Overall, I'm in love though. The pans are great, nothing sticks, and they have a thousand uses! If you want some of your own, go to Linens and Things and pick up the box of Skookie skillets.

No comments: