- 6 ounces penne
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 15 oz can Italian style chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- dash of crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Boil pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and spinach, stirring to coat with onion/garlic mixture. Sprinkle with sat and pepper to taste; add a dash of crushed red pepper for heat.
3. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are warm and spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and stir in pasta and feta.