- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4-5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound flank steak or top round
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
1. To make the marinade, combine the honey, onion, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce in bowl. Pour over steak and let marinade about 1 hour (I only marinated it for 15 min and it was just fine). Leave about 2 T marinade in bowl, uncontaminated by the raw beef.
2. Line broiler pan with foil, and heat oven to broil.
3. Broil steak 5 inches from the heat for about 4 min per side, or until it's cooked to your liking. Let rest about 5 minutes, then slice thinly. Arrange steak slices over lettuce and top with scallions. Drizzle remaining marinade over salad and enjoy!