- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces (I omitted this because I forgot to buy them at the store! So I substituted red pepper.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet, then add the chicken and sprinkle with the salt. Saute until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet over low heat, then add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant and the onions are softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the sugar, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the asparagus, coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and basil; heat through. Serve over rice.