This meal cost about $3 total. Here's the breakdown:
2 chicken breasts - about $1
2 packs of ramen - 25 cents
1 bag frozen veggies - $1
Various spices, brown sugar, stalk of green onions, etc - 75 cents
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 packages of Ramen (any flavor, though we usually do 1 chicken, and 1 Oriental flavor)
- 1 bag frozen veggies (we use a 3 pepper and onion mix)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1. Brown chicken in large saute pan, or wok, until cooked through.
2. Add water, noodles with seasoning packets (use 1/2 of each packet to avoid over-saltiness), soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 5-8 minutes.
3. Stir mixture and add frozen veggies. Cover and simmer another 8-10 minutes until heated through and veggies are tender.
4. After placing noodles in bowls, top with freshly sliced green onions.