I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Four Cheese Macaroni

This was sort of a last ditch attempt to get rid of a lot of cheese left in the fridge. I had a bag of 65 cent pasta, some leftover broccoli from the 2lb/$1 sale, and 4 different kinds of cheese that needed to be used.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups macaroni
  • 1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese (cheddar and jack)
  • 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions

1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni and boil 8-10 minutes until tender. When pasta has about 1 minute left, add broccoli to the pot. Once pasta is tender, drain liquid.

2. Add 1 type of cheese at a time, mixing vigorously with a wooden spoon to avoid clumping. Make sure cheese is fully melted and has evenly coated pasta before adding the next one. Continue stirring vigorously until all cheeses are added.

No comments: