I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Scallop Scampi

This is a super easy way to cook bay scallops that's absolutely delicious! I made a few changes to the original recipe, which can be found on AllRecipes. We purchased a 4-pack of small bottles of wine, so you don't end up with a full bottle open in the fridge. I'd definitely recommend that option if you aren't a big white wine drinker and don't normally have a bottle laying around. The sauce was a little watery, so we removed the scallops and then boiled it down for about 5 minutes. That seemed to work perfectly.

Ingredients
  • 4 tablespoons margarine
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 large onion, minced
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can chicken broth
  • 1 pound bay scallops
  • 1 pound linguine pasta
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions
  1. In a large skillet, melt margarine over medium heat and saute garlic and onion until translucent. Add wine, salt, ground black pepper and 1/4 cup cheese.
  2. Add chicken broth and boil on medium-high for 5 minutes until reduced. Add scallops, cooking 2-3 minutes until tender. If sauce is still watery, remove scallops and boil broth an additional 5 minutes until reduced more.
  3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  4. Reduce heat for scallop mixture and add parsley; place sauce on top of linguine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; serve.

1 comment:

CAnders said...

I'm cooking almost solely from your blog this week! :) Making the scallop scampi, korean bbq chicken, and another recipe I can't remember! I'll let you know how it goes!