And Peggy, note that this recipe can be made on the grill! Though I opted not to grill in the rain and just made it in the oven instead.
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, pressed (I used 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped)
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped (I doubled this and used 4)
- 1/2 large tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 finely chopped onion (this was my addition and is not in the original recipe)
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. (I preheated the oven to 425 instead of using a grill)
- Place the tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season each one with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish, and sprinkle garlic, basil and tomato. Pour the wine over everything. Fold foil up around fish, and seal into a packet. (I put all ingredients in a glass baking dish, covered with foil.) Place packet on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.
- Place foil packet on the preheated grill, and cook for 15 minutes (I cooked it in the oven for 20 minutes), or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam, and serve.