I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet & Spicy Pork

This is probably one of the easiest marinades I've ever made, and it's full of flavor! We used it on pork loin, but I think it would be equally delicious on chicken, especially if it's grilled. The marinade only has 4 ingredients, but it's full of flavor -- sweet, spicy, smokey, and slightly salty.

Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you can buy these in a can in the International aisle, and they last forever)
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic
Directions
  1. Pour all ingredients into blender or small food processor. Process until smooth.
I used a pork loin, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces, and marinated it in this for about 2 hours. Then I cut up an onion and stir fried everything together, serving over rice. Next time, I'm going to marinate chicken and grill them! Yum!

2 comments:

ricky_pops said...

What does it take to get a new recipe around here?!?!?!?!

I am enjoying your posts quite a bit and have tried quite a few of them.

The Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa was fantastic!

Keep them coming...

Linda said...

Hi,

Just found your blog (by doing next blog from mine on blogspot). I like what I see especially the sweet & spicy pork. I use maple soy and garlic for salmon and it's delish! I'll be checking out more of your recipes.