- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- my addition: 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook until the turkey is well browned, stirring often.
- Stir the broth, salsa, sugar, beans, corn and diced tomatoes in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer 30-45 minutes until thick.